- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Villopoto secures 9th win of the season, returns to Seattle
AURORA, Ill — After securing his ninth win of the season, Poulsbo's Ryan Villopoto will return to Washington to compete in the Monster Energy AMA Supercross.
Villopoto has already clinched the AMA Supercross circuit with 321 points. He leads second place Davi Millsaps (206) and third place Justin Brayton (201). Villopoto is the first rider to clinch the Supercross with three races remaining on the schedule.
Villopoto and the other riders will race in the Western Regional Supercross Lites Class Championship April 21 at CenturyLink Field at 7 p.m. Races begin at 12:30 p.m.
The race this Saturday follows a 20-lap race in New Orleans, where Villopoto earned his ninth win of the season.
“The track was tough, so the bike was a big key,” Villopoto said. “The track was breaking down and it had a lot of ruts, so it was easy to get caught off guard. You had to stay on your toes and try to log consistent laps. I’m looking forward to returning home this week.”
Villopoto is on a four-race win streak. He won his first Supercross class race of his career in Seattle in 2009.
Supercross Class Season Standings
- Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki – 321
- Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Yamaha – 206
- Justin Brayton, Murrieta, Calif., Honda – 201
- Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., KTM – 192
- James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Yamaha – 178
- Brett Metcalfe, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Suzuki – 172
- Jake Weimer, Rupert, Idaho, Kawasaki – 171
- Kevin Windham, Centreville, Miss., Honda – 166
- Mike Alessi, Hilliard, Fla., Suzuki – 162
- Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Kawasaki – 133