- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
No injuries in Wednesday morning mobile home fire in Poulsbo
POULSBO — A woman who fell asleep on the couch was awakened by "crackling noises," caused by a mobile home fire early Wednesday morning.
"I'd fallen asleep on the couch and woke up to crackling noises," the woman said, according to a press release from Poulsbo Fire and Rescue. "I opened my eyes and saw the flames in the living room and thick, black smoke everywhere.”
Poulsbo Fire Department and North Kitsap Fire and Rescue crews responded to the fire at about 5:35 a.m. on Lincoln Road near Caldart. Crews found the 41-year-old resident who was renting the mobile home, his 50-year-old girlfriend and a dog trapped in the gated backyard.
Poulsbo Police, who also responded, had to cut a padlock on a fence to let them out. Once the fire was extinguished, the crews rescued a second dog and an iguana from the mobile home. The fire caused significant smoke damage, for which an estimate is not yet available. The couple didn't believe the owner had homeowners' insurance.
The story has been corrected to reflect the press release came from the Poulsbo Fire Department.