- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Kingston woman injured trying to free dog tethered to burning mobile home
KINGSTON — A woman trying to save her dog from her burning double-wide mobile home Tuesday afternoon suffered non-life threatening injuries, according to a press release from North Kitsap Fire and Rescue. The structure fire appeared to have started about 2:40 p.m. in the Gamblewood neighborhood when a medical oxygen system was ignited by smoking materials.
The woman, one of the occupants of the mobile home, was injured trying to untie her dog from the structure. She was taken to Harrison Medical Center for treatment. The dog, which suffered burns, was taken to the Pet Medical Center in Kingston for treatment.
Several neighbors called 911 to report flames coming from the home, the press release states. When firefighters from NK Fire and Rescue and the Poulsbo Fire Department arrived, the more than half the 20- by 50-foot structure was engulfed in flames.
“The area isn’t served by fire hydrants, but crews had ample resources supplied by water tender trucks from both NKF&R and PFD,” the release states. “Firefighters were able to quickly squelch the flames but tenacious hot spots hidden among the large volume of contents inside the home kept crews busy for another several hours.”
The fire completely destroyed the home. NK Fire and Rescue has contacted the American Red Cross on the family's behalf. The family will be staying with relatives, according to the press release.