- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Dryer fire singes lint trap
North Kitsap Fire & Rescue firefighters quickly put out a fire in the Bayview Estates Condominiums Oct. 16 about 6:30 p.m.
The condo’s renters were on the upper level when they smelled smoke coming from the dryer and called 911.
According to NKF&R spokesperson Michele Laboda, firefighters found heavy accumulation of lint in the dryer trap, which had caught fire.
None of the four smoke alarms in the condo detected the smoke. Firefighters replaced the alarm batteries.
She wants her luggage back
On Oct. 17, a 41-year-old South Kitsap woman lost her luggage while driving on State Route 104 in Kingston.
The woman was formerly from Houston, Texas, and told Kitsap County Sheriff deputies she lost it between Streibel’s Corner and Kountry Korners, when it dislodged from the bed of her pickup truck and fell over the side.
The woman described it as a black Sampsonite case with roller wheels and extender handle.
The woman said the case contains personal and financial information.
She asks if anyone found the suitcase to contact the sheriff’s office at (360) 337-7101.