Bainbridge man identified as murder victim

The Snohomish County Medical Examiner's Office has identified the victim of a murder late last week in Edmonds as a 23-year-old Bainbridge Island man.

The medical examiner's office said Colin S. Dahlquist died of a stab wound to the torso. The death has been ruled a homicide.

Police arrested Codie Allen, 21, of Poulsbo, and Loresa Pilon, 28, of Everett, in connection with the murder.

The pair are being held in Snohomish County Jail on charges of second-degree murder and first-degree robbery, according to the county jail register.

Edmonds police reportedly found Dahlquist in a parking lot in the 22800 block of 100th Avenue W. on Friday, March 28 after authorities received a report of three people in their 20s fighting outside a QFC grocery store just before 6 a.m.

A witness told police that two of the three then left in an older model silver car, and one person was still on the ground where the fight had taken place.

Police stopped a vehicle that matched the description a few blocks from the grocery store. Inside the 1990 Chrysler New Yorker, they found Allen bleeding from facial injuries and blood on the seat of his pants and on the passenger seat of the car.

Other police units found Dahlquist in the parking lot with a stab wound to his chest. He was pronounced dead by an aid crew from the fire department.

Allen allegedly told Edmonds police that he and Pilon met Dahlquist to arrange a drug deal.

He said he picked up Dahlquist at the Edmonds ferry to take him to another location to buy drugs, and then Pilon drove the two men to the QFC, where Pilon and Allen hoped to steal his money and leave him behind in the parking lot, according to court records.

After Allen and Dahlquist went into the grocery, Allen came back out and ran for the car. Dahlquist caught up and the two started fighting.

Allen also allegedly said that Dahlquist pulled out a large knife and threatened to stab him, but Dahlquist was then stabbed with his own knife as the scuffle continued.

Allen said he jumped into the car and climbed over the seat to get into the back of the car and away from Dahlquist while he bent into the car.

According to court documents, Pilon was able to get Dahlquist out of the car and called 911. Pilon and Allen then drove away, leaving Dahlquist on the pavement.

Bail has been set at $250,000 for Allen and for $100,000 for Pilon.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates