- About Us
Trailer destroyed in
blaze started by candle
SUQUAMISH A fire reported at about 5:50 p.m. June 16 by a Bainbridge Island resident, originally thought to be a brush fire, turned out to be a trailer in flames, said North Kitsap Fire & Rescue officials. Firefighters from NKF&R, Poulsbo and Bainbridge Island fire departments were able to extinguish the fire completely by 7:30 p.m. using water tender trucks, due to the lack of fire hydrants near the blaze. The trailer was a complete loss.
The couple that owned the trailer was not home at the time, and no one was injured during the fire. The residents two dogs were also unharmed, officials said.
Investigators believe the fire was caused by a candle left burning by the couple while they were visiting friends. The Clearwater Casino is providing temporary housing for the residents, and they are receiving assistance from the Poulsbo Fire Department fund, officials said.