911 Briefs

Dumpster fire caused by ashes

POULSBO — Poulsbo Fire Department crews responded to a dumpster fire at about 5:30 p.m. Aug. 26 at an apartment complex near Viking Way, PFD officials said. Firefighters were able to extinguish the flames in a short amount of time.

The fire was caused by improperly disposed ashes from a fireplace, officials said. The blaze could have been much worse if the dumpster was located closer to the building.

PFD officials would like to remind residents coals and ashes from the fire place can smolder for several days before completely going out. They should be stored in a metal bucket, and disposed of only once they are totally extinguished in an air-tight, fire-proof container.

No injuries reported

in Poulsbo car fire

POULSBO — The back end of a car was found engulfed in flames at about 3 a.m. Aug. 24 near the 18000 block of Caldart Avenue, Poulsbo Fire Department officials said. The vehicle was parked in a carport about 10 yards from a nearby house. Crews were able to extinguish the blaze quickly, officials said.

Complete damages are not yet known, and the fire is being investigated by the Poulsbo Fire Marshal.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates