- About Us
Viking Fest is Putting on the Ritz
t Six will vie
for the coveted crown tonight at the North Kitsap auditorium.
POULSBO Six North End contestants will be Putting on the Ritz in a bid for the Miss Viking Fest crown tonight. The ninth annual pageant will be held at 7 p.m. at the North Kitsap Auditorium.
Tickets are $8 for adults, $5 for children under 12; doors open at 6 p.m.
Also at the event tonight, a donation collection for Santas Cause, which will be accepting new toys and clothing for kids in need. Donate an item and receive a free raffle ticket.
Current Miss Viking Fest Whitney Glebe said the organizations court and committee members became like family to her during her year as royalty. The Olympic College student, 18, now plans to continue her education and eventually enter orthodontics, though she said shell give the Miss Poulsbo pageant some consideration. She had a bit of advice to pass on to the next ascendant of the Miss Viking Fest throne.
Take the most out of the experience and do all that you can do, she said. Its literally a once in a lifetime opportunity and its worth every moment of it.
The Miss Viking Fest contestants are:
- Amelia Hill, 18, daughter of Ann and Wayne Hill of Poulsbo, is a North Kitsap High School senior involved with Future Business Leaders of America and Future Farmers of America. She teaches swimming lessons and is sponsored by Spa 101, DEF Promotions, The Beautiful Bride and Poulsbo Perk.
- Alisa Krucek, 15, daughter of Julie Krucek and Charles J. Gould of Poulsbo, is a Kingston High School freshman involved in church, drag racing and formerly ASB. She is sponsored by DEF Productions, The Copper Works, Well Being Health Center, Jaks Cafe and Espresso and Stasie Pike with the Legacy Group.
- Rachel Daniels, 16, daughter of Carol and Michael Daniels of Poulsbo, is a KHS junior involved in church youth group, volleyball and the Honor Society. She is sponsored by Peninsula Electric Corp., The Filling Station Bar and Grill, Fluff and Stuff, and Grandview Development.
- Amber Hoak, 17, daughter of Rita and Edward Hook of Poulsbo, is a swim team and Honor Society member, as well as a part of the Technology Student Association. She is sponsored by Michelle and Darrin Smith, Poulsbo Dairy Queen, Stellas Pizza & Pasta and KPS Health Plans.
- Kirstie Schroeder, 17, daughter of Linda and Rob Hyter of Poulsbo, is an KNHS senior involved in church youth group, Future Farmers of America and ASB. She is sponsored by DEF Productions, Checkers, Shorelines Gallery, Jacquis Florist and MD Electronics.
- Haley Fidler, 17, daughter of Dawn and Karl Fidler of Poulsbo, is an NKHS junior involved in Key Club, varsity basketball and Life Savers. She is sponsored by the Suquamish Clearwater Casino Resort and DEF Productions.
Crowns for the event were donated my American Rose Bridal; all awards are sponsored by Bella Luna.