911 Briefs

Knock, knock, who’s there? The cops

What started out as an arrest for probation violation ended with additional charges for a 42-year-old Poulsbo man April 8.

Officers arrived at the home of the man about 2:30 p.m.

Upon knocking on the door, officers could here the man’s wife yelling, “It’s the cops, the cops are at the door!”

After she let the officers in, they handcuffed the man and spotted a multi-colored glass pipe loaded with “green vegetable matter.”

The man and the marijuana were taken into custody.

Officers did not report the man’s bail amount.

You don’t have to Tase him twice

A large in stature 19-year-old Kingston man was arrested and booked in jail on suspicion of fourth-degree assault of his sister.

Officers were dispatched to the home, located on Central Avenue NE, April 9.

The mother of the two, residing in Stanwood, notified police after receiving a distressed call from her daughter.

The 19-year-old man, 6-foot tall, was not handcuffed immediately due to his “large stature and initial compliance,” according to police reports. However, two pairs of handcuffs were required due to his “girth.”

In a previous arrest of the man, officers had to Tase him to get him to comply.

Officers asked what happened and the man acknowledged he had an anger problem and said, “I grabbed her, I got really mad, I pushed her.”

The man also reiterated that he punched his sister in the head earlier because she was treating him poorly.

Police reports did not contain the set bail amount.

With friends like this ...

A 42-year-old Seattle woman was booked in jail for fourth-degree domestic assault of her “man-friend,” a Hansville resident.

The woman called police stating the man had broken in his bathroom door, where she was hiding, and sprayed ammonia in her eyes.

Upon investigation no ammonia was found. When officers questioned the man-friend, who had the beginnings of a black eye and scratches on his feet from being slammed in the door, they found out who the true aggressor was.

The man told officers he threatened to call police as things got out of hand but decided against it because he didn’t want her to go to jail.

He told police she said to call because he was the man and would be arrested.

He didn’t know she called police.

After a thorough investigation, officers found the woman unharmed and uncontaminated by ammonia.

She was arrested and booked in jail. Her bail set at $5,000.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates