- About Us
Police Calls | A summary of calls to the Poulsbo Police Department
Following up on the story, “Neighbors become vigilant” (page A1, April 6), the Herald requested the number of residential property crime reports in the area south of Iverson Street, west of State Route 305, between 9th Avenue and the waterfront. Over the last two years, reports of burglary, graffiti, malicious mischief and prowling have increased slightly in that area. Hostmark Street bore the brunt of the reported burglaries in 2011.
Information is important to community safety. The Herald is resuming its Police Calls column, publishing a summary of calls reported to the Poulsbo Police Department.
- Shoplifting reported at Olhava Way business, occurred around 6 p.m. Estimated loss: $42.
- Malicious mischief reported at a 1st Avenue residence by a Port Ludlow resident. Occurred around 6:30 p.m.
- Burglary reported at a Bond Road residence. Occurred between 3 p.m. March 30 and 5 p.m. April 1.
- Shoplifting reported at Olhava Way business. Occurred around noon. Estimated loss: $44.
- Burglary reported at a Miss Ellis Loop residence. Occurred between 5 p.m. March 31 and 7:30 a.m. April 1.
- Burglary reported at a Baywatch Court residence. Occurred between 10 a.m. and noon April 3. Estimated loss: $1,748.
- Burglary reported at a Bond Road residence. Occurred at 10:30 a.m. Estimated loss: $600.
- Shoplifting reported at Olhava Way business around 2:40 p.m.
- Unattended property damage from hit and run reported at State Highway 305 NE by an Indianola Road resident. Occurred at 1:30 p.m.
- Malicious mischief reported at Viking Avenue NW by a Suquamish resident. Occurred between 6:30 p.m. April 6 and 2:55 a.m. April 7.
- Child abandonment/neglect reported at Olhava Way NW. Occurred around 4 p.m.
- Burglary reported at a 5th Avenue residence. Occurred around 6:30 a.m. Estimated loss: $5,000.
- Burglary reported at a NE Hostmark Street residence. Occurred between Feb. 15-March 20. Estimated loss: $150.
- Theft reported at NE Torval Canyon Road. Occurred between 6 p.m. April 3-9. Estimated loss: $475.
- Reckless endangerment reported at Bond Road and Highway 305 by a Hansville resident. Occurred between 2:20-5:30 p.m.
- Harassment reported on Front Street. Occurred between noon and 7:22 p.m.
- Suspicious incident/investigation reported on 7th Avenue. Occurred around midnight.
- Shoplifting reported at a Olhava Way business. Occurred at 6:40 p.m.
- Threats reported on Olhava Way by a Port Orchard resident. Occurred around 11 p.m.
- Vehicle prowling reported at Caldart Avenue and Hostmark Street. Occurred around noon. Estimated loss: $100.