TSA students win 17 awards at State
April 9, 2012 · 1:11 PM
SEATTLE — Students from the North Kitsap School District returned from the 29th TSA State Conference with awards in 17 separate competitions. TSA is the abbreviation for Technology Student Association.
Kingston High School returned with four awards.
- Dragster design: Fifth place, Shawn Evans.
- Problem solving: Fifth place, Shawn Evans.
- Technology bowl: Fifth place, Ben Pirtle.
- Technology problem-solving: Fifth place, Ignacio Perez.
North Kitsap returned with 13.
- Architectural model: First place, Ian Christen and Darren Massey.
- Computer-aided design 3D engineering: Fifth place, Andrew Story.
- Construction renovation: Fourth place, Anna Rees and Blake San Fellipo.
- Digital video production: First place, James Courtright.
- Dragster design: Second place, Ian Christen.
- Engineering design: Third place, Blake San Fellipo.
- Extemporaneous speech: Fifth place, Sam Zimmerman.
- On-demand video: First place, James Courtright; fourth place, Ian Christen, Theo Edmison, Darren Massey, Sam Zimmerman.
- Photographic technology: Fifth place, Kylan Thomson.
- Prepared presentation: First place, Sam Zimmerman.
- SCIVIS: Fifth place, Sam Zimmerman.
- Technical sketching and application: First place, Ian Christen; second place, Andrew Story.
- Video game design: First place, Andrew Story; second place, Theo Edmison, Darren Massey.
The competition was held March 22-24 at the Bellevue Hilton. Students from Washington high schools competed in more than 30 types of challenges and competitions.