News

Stove fire forces two people to evacuate home

A home on Widme Road in Poulsbo was evacuated after a fire that began on the stove. The fire was mostly out by the time emergency response crews from the Poulsbo Fire Department arrived. - Kipp Robertson/ Herald
A home on Widme Road in Poulsbo was evacuated after a fire that began on the stove. The fire was mostly out by the time emergency response crews from the Poulsbo Fire Department arrived.
— image credit: Kipp Robertson/ Herald

POULSBO — A fire, which began on the stove in a home off Widme Road in Poulsbo, caused significant smoke damage.

Two people, the 64-year-old owner and a guest, evacuated following the fire. The Poulsbo Fire Department used thermal imaging to ensure the fire was completely out.

Emergency crews were dispatched at 11:40 a.m.

Fire department spokeswoman Jody Matson said the woman was cooking on the stove prior to the fire. According to Matson, the woman said she had done "everything right" after using the stove, including making sure it was off.

Red Cross has been notified in case the owner needs support.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Jul 25 edition online now. Browse the archives.