News

Poulsbo first-grader credited with saving family from fire

Nate Walker - Contributed
Nate Walker
— image credit: Contributed

POULSBO — Poulsbo Elementary School student Nate Walker was recognized for his heroic action this week by Poulsbo Fire Department.

Nate, a first-grader in Carolyn Robinson’s class, was able to warn his mother that a candle fell over into a pile of clothes and caught fire in the upstairs portion of their home.

“Nate came downstairs and said ‘fire’,” Tiffany Walker said. “I ran upstairs and there was a fire next to the bed and flames were up to my hips. I got it put out, but without his warning it could have been much worse. It’s a great reminder to talk to your children about safety.”

 

EMAIL NEWSLETTERS

Latest news, top stories, and community events,
delivered to your inbox.

Trending Stories Nov 17 - Nov 24

  • North Kitsap Herald

  • Western Washington

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Nov 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates