- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Indianola man hospitalized after firework explodes in hands
INDIANOLA — A 25-year-old Indianola man was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle Monday, after a mortar-style firework exploded in his hands.
The man suffered broken bones and severe burns to his hands but is expected to make a full recovery, according to family members.
Medics responded to the intersection of Western and Seaview Avenues at about 10:40 p.m. The incident happened at a nearby beach.
North Kitsap Fire & Rescue spokeswoman Michele Laboda said there were few other serious incidents in the North End over the Fourth of July holiday weekend. Minor incidents included a dumpster fire at Billy Johnson Skate Park in Kingston.
Though the Fourth was sunny, Laboda said recent rain may have helped dampen potential brush fires.
"It was a pretty quiet day," she said.