- About Us
- posted Mar 13, 2013 at 4:11 PM
By the fifth inning of the preseason varsity baseball game March 12, the Kennedy Catholic Lancers were doing what they could to save face against the North Kitsap Vikings.
- posted Mar 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM— updated Mar 15, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Touched by a girl’s story, Gateway School students work to make a difference in the life of a child 9,000 miles away
- posted Mar 14, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Total student enrollment in the North Kitsap School District is expected to drop below 6,000 next school year.
Top stories: Fewer NKSD students, Gateway helps Tanzanian school, Chief Kitsap students raise awareness
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 8:28 AM
The North Kitsap School District expects 116 fewer students in 2013-14. Gateway students work to make a difference in the life of a child in Tanzania. Chief Kitsap Academy students raise awareness of ocean's woes aT D.C. summit. Former Voodiez Bar & Grill building is demolished to make way for new retail spaces. Those are the top stories in the March 15 North Kitsap Herald, available now at newsstands and in stores.
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM
A nine-member committee that will advise county commissioners on matters regarding animal control was approved this week.
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 12:48 PM
State legislation. The health of our environment. Future development in North Kitsap.
- posted Mar 14, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Clinton Fearon and the Boogie Brown Band will help The Point Casino celebrate spring break March 16 with their popular reggae music.
- posted Mar 14, 2013 at 2:35 PM
“Nordic Voices,” a celebration of Norwegian heritage in Kitsap County, is March 16, 6:30 p.m., at the Bremerton High School Performing Arts Center
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 2:38 PM
North Kitsap Fire & Rescue firefighter Jasper Stenstrom had the ninth-fastest time overall in the Scott Firefighter Stairclimb, Sunday in Seattle’s Columbia Tower.
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Bobby Reece is still in a wait-and-see mode regarding his former position as a multi-sport coach in the North Kitsap School District.
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Melinda Weer of Storhoff Road is surprised to see her culvert back on the City of Poulsbo's agenda.
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Jeffrey D. Robinson, 43 of Bremerton, is charged in Kitsap County Superior Court with possession of a stolen vehicle.
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Sean M. Riley, 24, of Hansville is charged in Kitsap County District Court with second-degree trafficking in stolen property.
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 2:34 PM
A summary of new businesses and business moves in Poulsbo.
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 3:19 PM
The Poulsbo Police Department responded to the following calls March 6-12.
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 3:18 PM
The Kitsap County Sheriff's Office responded to the following incidents in North Kitsap March 6-12.
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 2:36 PM
When Director of Golf Operations Bruce Christy looks back on the last six years at White Horse Golf Club, he thinks of all the anticipation it built.
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Spring is springing at the Port of Poulsbo. At Waterfront Park, the fragrances of fresh flowers and fresh asphalt fill the air.
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Students from Kingston High School’s American Sign Language Club will compete at the Sign Off at Mount Tahoma High School, March 23.
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 2:26 PM— updated Mar 18, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Montclair Park celebrated its new name — Emeritus at Montclair Park — with an open house, live music and gourmet food March 12.
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Donald Edward Engle died March 3. He was 81. Celebration of life March 24, 1-4 p.m., WiseAcres Common House, Indianola.
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 1:40 PM
For the past 33 years, I spent my life on Front Street in downtown Poulsbo.
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 1:42 PM
I am disappointed by your story on Breidablik in this week’s Herald (“Breidablik School: 1989-2013/Relationships, experiences will endure after school closes,” page A1, March 8 Herald).
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 12:57 PM
As co-race director of the Roots Rock Trail Running Series, I am writing to say “thank you” to Pope Resources.
- posted Mar 15, 2013 at 1:41 PM
To whomever took the yellow Playskool swing off the clothesline pole on Burns Place: