- About Us
- posted Jul 20, 2010 at 12:32 PM
A children’s novel by Silverdale author Crystal Marcos is now available online and at Pages Books and Monica’s Waterfront Bakery & Cafe in Silverdale.
- posted Jul 20, 2010 at 12:43 PM— updated Jul 23, 2010 at 1:26 PM
Hollywood’s “Green Giant,” Ed Begley Jr., will celebrate sustainable living on Bainbridge Island on Tuesday, July 27.
- posted Jul 20, 2010 at 12:45 PM
The Bainbridge Bluegrass Festival & Indie Banditas Bazaar will be held from noon to 8 p.m. Saturday, July 24, at Battle Point Park, 11299 Arrow Point Drive.
- posted Jul 20, 2010 at 12:47 PM
- posted Jul 20, 2010 at 12:50 PM
“The Glass Menagerie” begins Friday, July 23, and will show through Aug. 15. Shows begin at 8 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and at 2 p.m. on Sundays. Tickets are $14. Learn more at www.jewelboxpoulsbo.org or call (360) 697-3183.
- posted Jul 20, 2010 at 1:30 PM
An oyster boat will spill more than than 10,000 rubber ducks into Dyes Inlet during the 17th annual Great Kitsap Duck Race.
- posted Jul 27, 2010 at 1:01 PM
The weekend music lineup begins with the punk rock of Red White and Die! at The Charleston Music Venue, 333 N. Callow Ave., Bremerton, along with What?, Port Townsend’s Superhappy Storytime Land, Muppet Fetish and Portland’s He-Man Woman Haters, starting at 7 p.m. Friday, July 30.
- posted Jul 27, 2010 at 1:05 PM
A musical performance will liven up the forest off the Seabeck Highway this weekend.
- posted Jul 27, 2010 at 1:11 PM
Just the other night, Spring Courtright saw the kind of thing usually reserved for imaginatively painted landscapes.
- posted Jul 27, 2010 at 1:15 PM
Bluegrass music, vaudeville entertainment and an overarching message of sustainability will find a home at the Kitsap County Fairgrounds this weekend.
- posted Aug 3, 2010 at 11:11 AM
“Ansel Adams: A Portrait of Manzanar” opens Saturday, Aug. 7, at the Bainbridge Island Historical Museum, 215 Ericksen Ave.
- posted Aug 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM
Trivia: Plants turn their chemical energy into growth when the sun sets and many plants emit light when this transition takes place.
- posted Aug 3, 2010 at 11:41 AM
Jazz-rock band Foxtrot headlines The Charleston Music Venue, 333 N. Callow Ave., Bremerton, with more bands to be announced starting at 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 6.
- posted Aug 3, 2010 at 12:11 PM— updated Aug 6, 2010 at 9:46 AM
Downtown Port Orchard will be filled with polished paint and glistening chrome during its annual car show this weekend.
- posted Aug 3, 2010 at 1:29 PM
As the summer heat increases so does the demand to cool off.
- posted Jan 5, 2011 at 11:21 PM— updated Jan 10, 2011 at 1:05 PM
- posted Feb 3, 2011 at 4:19 PM
When Elizabeth Wiggs Maas became engaged, she immediately called her mother to share the good news. It just so happens that her mother is Susan Wiggs, a New York Times bestselling author whose books are known for their romance.
- posted Mar 14, 2011 at 11:54 AM— updated Mar 15, 2011 at 4:36 PM
Robert Gelder of Brownsville will replace Steve Bauer on the Kitsap Board of County Commissioners. Commissioners Josh Brown and Charlotte Garrido chose Gelder Monday morning, according to a statement from the county. Gelder will take the oath of office 6:30 p.m. in Port Orchard, before the regular county commission meeting.
- posted May 18, 2011 at 11:32 AM— updated May 18, 2011 at 8:28 PM
- posted May 24, 2011 at 11:38 AM— updated May 27, 2011 at 3:34 PM
The Silverdale Trader Joe's, which moved into the old Circuit City building, will open June 17. The store, at 9991 Mickelberry Road, will officially open its doors for business at 8 a.m. Friday, June 17, according to a statement from the company.
- posted Jun 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM
A sailor assigned to the Naval Base Kitsap Security Detachment was killed in Afghanistan last week. Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Sean Edward Brazas, 26, of Greensboro, N.C., had been in the theater for less than one month.
- posted Jun 11, 2012 at 1:48 PM
The Kitsap Wine Festival at Harborside Fountain Park in Bremerton returns Aug. 18 from 2 to 5:30 p.m.
- posted Jun 22, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Kitsap County jailers will get a two percent raise in July and another 1.2 percent raise in December following an arbitrator's ruling earlier this month.
- posted Jun 22, 2012 at 8:20 AM
Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office Marine Patrol will be out in force on the waters of Puget Sound this weekend in support of the 2012 nationalOperation Drywater campaign.
- posted Jun 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM
With the end of the school year at hand, some students and parents will be seeking options for summer nutrition. Local sites designated by the United States Department of Agriculture may offer a solution.