- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Garden question? Ask a Master | Kitsap Week
Master Gardeners will be available at all Kitsap County farmers markets this summer to answer your questions about plants, pests, and sustainable gardening.
You can learn about natural yard care by visiting the Master Gardeners information booth at the farmers market. They also will have information about building a rain garden.
Master Gardeners are volunteers trained by the Washington State University Kitsap County Extension.
Master Gardeners can provide tips and techniques on growing fruits and vegetables, and selecting the right plant for the right place. They offer advice about dealing with pests and other problems, and about using water efficiently.
“Master Gardeners know a lot about fruits, vegetables and ornamental plants,” said Colleen Miko, Washington State University Extension’s horticulture educator. “They can help people decide on the right plants for their home, and provide advice on how to take care of them. If you have a gardening question, ask a master gardener. They will staff an information booth at all of Kitsap County’s farmers markets.”
Local farmers markets and hours
- Bainbridge Island Farmers Market, between Island Fitness and City Hall, Saturdays 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Bremerton Farmers Market, Evergreen Park, Thursdays 4-7 p.m.
- Kingston Farmers Market, Mike Wallace Marina Park, Saturdays 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; gardening clinic 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Port Orchard Farmers Market, downtown near Marina Park and Peninsula Feed, Saturdays 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., gardening clinic 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Poulsbo Farmers Market, The Doctor’s Clinic parking lot near Poulsbo Village, Saturdays 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Silverdale Farmers Market, Old Town port parking lot between Waterfront Park and the boat launch, Tuesdays 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Suquamish Farmers Market, corner of Suquamish Way and Division, Wednesdays 3-7 p.m.
The WSU Cooperative Extension Office is located at 345 Sixth St., Suite 550, Bremerton. It is open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call (360) 337-7157 or visit county.wsu.edu.kitsap.