- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Feel lucky? You’re in the right place | Kitsap Week
Harry E. Denton of Port Orchard is Kitsap County’s newest millionaire, winning $1 million March 12 on a ticket he bought at the Fred Meyer at 1900 SE Sedgwick Road, Port Orchard.
Turns out, there may be something to his luck: Several Kitsap retailers are on the Washington’s Lottery list of “Luckiest Stores” — retailers that sold the most winning tickets of prizes of $1,000 or more in the past year.
The top 10 list of luckiest stores in the Olympic Peninsula region:
- Safeway, 680 W. Washington St., Sequim, 11 big wins.
- Albertsons, 114 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles, eight big wins.
- Mickey’s Deli, 110 W. Alder St., Shelton, seven big wins.
- Safeway, 23961 NE State Route 3, Belfair, seven big wins.
- Fred Meyer, 1900 SE Sedgwick Road, Port Orchard, seven big wins.
- Safeway, 3355 Bethel Road SE, Port Orchard, six big wins.
- Safeway, 2890 NW Bucklin Hill Road, Silverdale, six big wins.
- Hi-Joy Bowl, 1011 Bethel Ave., Port Orchard, six big wins.
- Albertsons, 2222 NW Bucklin Hill Road, Silverdale, five big wins.
- Evergreen 76, 490 N. Forks Ave., Forks, five big wins.
To learn more about the Luckiest Stores in the state, visit www.walottery.com.