- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Questions of my own; From hiccups to flies, I need answers | Kitsap Week
You know me as Ask Erin, but I have questions of my own that need answering. I'm turning the tables this week and asking for your help.
1. Why do I keep seeing multiple shoes on the side of the road? I think I’ve figured out the answer for children’s shoes: an open car window and bored toddler equals lost shoes. But explain the men's dress loafer I saw, or the flip-flop? Do that many people leave their shoes on top of their car and drive away? Just last week I saw five shoes alongside the road during my 10-mile drive to the office.
2. Why hasn't anyone created a dog food that turns dog waste into a bright neon color, rather than its current camouflage color of “wet-leaf brown”?
3. Do fire alarm manufacturers deliberately create their alarms to start “chirping” after midnight?
4. What’s with the new kale fascination and what are some tasty ways to prepare it?
5. Why do some British singers lose their accents when they sing? Current pop-sensation ADELE sounds like she hails from the middle of America when she sings, not her native London, England. Does she purposely drop her accent to Americanize her voice?
6. After I watch a scary movie why do my dogs bark incessantly at my closet door or whimper at the window? How do they know I'm on edge?
7. Why do I often get a bad case of the hiccups after eating raw carrots?
8. How do I handle the current fly infestation in my house? I'm no Mr. Clean, but I do a fair job of keeping my house decent. Where are the flies coming from and how do I get rid of them? They are smart and disappear when I have a fly swatter in hand.
So there you have it. Those are the questions that keep me awake at night. And as always, if you have questions of your own—from the practical to the absurd, send them my way and I'll do my best to answer them.
Meanwhile, my hiccups and I await your reply.
— Ask Erin is a feature of Kitsap Week. Have a question? Write Ask Erin, Kitsap Week, P.O. Box 278, Poulsbo 98370 or email email@example.com. Questions can range from advice to practical issues.