The Canoe Journey: How you can help | Kitsap Week
July 12, 2012 · Updated 3:03 PM
Suquamish Olalla Neighbors is inviting organizations and residents to join them and the Suquamish Tribe in co-hosting a community potluck dinner July 22 to welcome the 2012 Canoe Journey.
The Suquamish Tribe has asked Suquamish Olalla Neighbors to help with a potluck dinner July 22 — the Tribe will provide the main dish — and to request volunteers to help serve dinner to the Tribe’s guests on both nights.
Here’s how you can help:
1. Bring a side dish of fruit, salad or vegetables to 7235 NE Parkway St., Suquamish, on July 22, 4-5:30 p.m.
2. Consider contacting your community groups, families and friends for contributions of food or money for food.
3. Help setup and serve dinner, 4-7 p.m. July 21, 22 or both.
4. Help with clean-up, 6:30-8:30 p.m. July 21, 22 or both.
5. Volunteer at a recycling or composting station. Email Frances Malone for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To volunteer, visit www.suquamish.nsn. If you plan to bring food, contact Karen Platt at (206) 310-6096, email@example.com.