Whaling Days event schedule
July 29, 2011 · 9:49 AM
The 39th annual Whaling Days in Silverdale has some new features.
Art: This year will be the first year of Artists Alley, at the end of Lowell Street, including work from more than 20 local artists.
ATM: Kitsap Credit Union will have an ATM in the covered area at the park.
Boating in?: No rafting on the pier if you arrive by boat.
Food: Vendors have been moved to behind the rides near the waterfront.
Lost and found: Located in the information booth.
No smoking: The Beer Garden is a tobacco-free area.
No wheels: No bicycles or skateboards will be allowed at the fair.
Parking is limited: Don’t want to hassle with vehicle parking? Check out the Kitsap Transit bus schedules at www.kitsaptransit.org.
Restrooms: Honey Buckets will be located on Byron Street. Waterfront bathrooms will not be open.
Here’s the schedule.
- Festival and Street Fair, 5-10 p.m.
- Beer Garden (21+ Club), 5-10:30 p.m.
- Cold Note performs at 6 p.m.
- The Timebenders perform at 8 p.m.
- Pancake Breakfast, 6:30- 11 a.m., Silverdale Community Center.
- Whale of a Run: 4-mile run at 8:45 a.m.; 1-mile run/walk at 8:50 a.m.; Kids Dashes, 9:30 a.m.; Special Olympics, 9:40 a.m.
- Lions Grand Parade, 10 a.m. to noon.
- Festival and Street Fair, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Beer Garden (21+ Club), 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Vividal performs at noon.
- Chyeah Chyeah performs at 1 p.m.
- Stone Axe performs at 2:30 p.m.
- Tumbledown performs at 4 p.m.
- Kim Archer performs at 6 p.m.
- Joey Dean performs at 8 p.m.
- Tour de Kitsap, 7-10 a.m., registration at Silverdale Hotel.
- Dyes Inlet Dash, 7:45 a.m. check in, 9 a.m. start.
- Beer Garden (21+ Club), noon to 6 p.m.
- Festival and Street Fair, noon to 6 p.m.
- Greenbriar performs at noon.
- Reverend Shine performs at 1 p.m.
- The Great Kitsap Duck Race, 3 p.m. at the pier.
- The Pendletones perform at 3:30 p.m.