Business

Abe Young and Associates takes the details out of business ownership

NORTH END —  Abe Young and Associates can offer budding or established entrepreneurs a jump start on business triumph: location, location, location.

Abe Young and Associates, a property leasing company, has some 68,000 square feet of business space available at the Kennedy Business Park, which is conveniently located off Bond Road between Poulsbo and Kingston.

“We’re in a good location and it’s only going to get better,” company president Abe Young said. “We’re five miles from Poulsbo, five miles from the floating bridge and four miles from Kingston. It’s easy access from Jefferson County, the Kingston ferry or coming up from Poulsbo. It’s a good location.”

Abe Young and Associates is a family-owned corporation, as Young and his wife own 51 percent. Their three grown children and an adult grandson own the other 49 percent.

The owners extend a family-like attitude to all their tenants, causing the space available for lease and the business park atmosphere to be just as, if not more desirable, than the location.

They’re willing to work with or cater to a tenant’s specific needs as Young says: “I have a basic belief you can’t out give God. It’s not just cut and dry with us.”

“Our philosophy is their success is our success,” Young said. “I invite anybody to question any of our tenants to hear about the kind of relationships we have. In fact, I really encourage people to do that.”

But then again Young has been leasing property to tenants since 1994 when he co-built and owned Poulsbo’s North Kitsap Business Park.

Through his years of experience, Young has learned a few valuable tricks of the trade and concretely knows just what a tenant needs.

“We know people really need high speed internet. We know that they need adequate parking. They need a place that looks clean and cared for. They need big enough garage doors to get people in and out,” Young said. “That’s their business every day.”

Abe Young and Associates provides all of that plus three-phased power, security, good lighting and sprinklers throughout the buildings.

Tenants set their own hours and all they have to do is pay the rent at 60 cents per square-foot plus triple net.

A year ago, Young condominiumized the project so each unit is sellable.

“There’s a lot who just want to buy what they can use and we have that available here,” Young said. “If they want to end up owning their unit they can do that here and don’t have to go way out of their comfort zone to do so.”

It also costs money to move and set up shop. To help tenants finance their business venture move, prospective tenants have the option to amortize the first six months’ rent over the lease period.

“It’s to make it easier on them,” Young said.

Kennedy Business Park is located at 5684 NE Minder Road, 98370. For more information or to inquire about renting a space call, (360) 779-8343, www.abeyoung.com.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 31 edition online now. Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates