Put these tax dates on your calendar
January 20, 2012 · Updated 10:20 AM
- Jan. 31: Employers must furnish 2011 W-2 statements to employees. 1099 information statements must be furnished to payees by payers. (Deadline for providing 1099-Bs and consolidated statements to customers is Feb. 15.)
- Jan. 31: Employers must file 2011 federal unemployment tax returns and pay any tax due.
- Feb. 28: Payers must file information returns (such as 1099s) with the IRS. (April 2 is the deadline if filing electronically.)
- Feb. 29: Employers must send W-2 copies to the Social Security Administration. (April 2 is the deadline if filing electronically.)
- March 1: Farmers and fishermen who did not make 2011 estimated tax payments must file 2011 tax returns and pay taxes in full.
- March 15: 2011 calendar-year corporation income tax returns are due.
- April 17: Individual federal income tax returns for 2011 are due unless you file for an extension. - April 17: 2011 federal partnership returns are due.
- April 17: 2011 annual gift tax returns are due.
- April 17: Deadline for making your 2011 IRA and education savings account contributions.
- April 17: First installment of 2012 individual estimated tax is due.
- June 15: Second installment of 2012 individual estimated tax is due.
- Sept. 17: Third installment of 2012 individual estimated tax is due.
- Oct. 15: Deadline to file your 2011 individual tax return if you filed for an extension of the April 17 deadline.