- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Free income tax preparation is available in N.K.
POULSBO — Free income tax preparation is available in North Kitsap thanks to the Internal Revenue Service, AARP, Martha & Mary Health and Rehabilitation, and the Port Gamble S’Klallam Tribe.
Trained and certified advisers will prepare and E-file your tax return for free. Help is provided first come, first served; arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing.
What should you bring with you?
- Photo ID for primary taxpayers.
- Social Security cards for all persons appearing on the return.
- All 2011 tax documents relating to income.
- Your checkbook, with a blank check showing your routing number and account number for refunds.
- A copy of last year’s income tax return, as it may contain important information.
These topics are out of scope for this program: Rental income, depreciation, home office, business income with losses, expenses exceeding $10,000 or having employees as well as farm income.
The AARP Tax Aide Program at Martha & Mary Health and Rehabilitation, 19160 Front St., Poulsbo, will be open Feb. 1 through April 15, Thursdays from 1-5 p.m., and Fridays and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The AARP Tax Aide Program at the S’Klallam Little Boston Vita site, in the Elder Center behind the library, is open now through April 16, Mondays and Tuesdays from 1-5 p.m.
For more information, contact Ed Ramey, (360) 941-7591, email@example.com; or Sandra Starnes, (360) 297-9667.