- About Us
State reinstates, disciplines health care providers
OLYMPIA — The state Department of Health has taken disciplinary actions or withdrawn charges against the following health care providers in Kitsap County.
- In November, the Board of Pharmacy reinstated the license of pharmacy technician Victoria MacFarlane (VA00039432).
- In December, the Chiropractic Commission released chiropractor Carl R. Botefuhr (CH00002461) from terms and conditions set against his license.
- In December, the Nursing Assistant Program indefinitely suspended the credential of certified nursing assistant Catherine M. Cowans (NC60086949). Cowans failed to respond to a department inquiry regarding a complaint.
- In December, the Chemical Dependency Professional Program ended the probation order against chemical dependency professional trainee Theresa Lynette Glaser (CO60148475).
- In December, the Nursing Assistant Program charged certified nursing assistant Joshua R. Miller (NC10060789) with unprofessional conduct. He was convicted of assault, and telephone harassment/domestic violence.
Information about health care providers is available on www.doh.wa.gov. Click on “Provider Credential Search” on the left hand side of the home page. The site includes information about a health care provider’s license status, the expiration and renewal date of their credential, disciplinary actions and copies of legal documents issued after July 1998. This information is also available by calling (360) 236-4700.
Consumers who think a health care provider acted unprofessionally can call that number and report their complaint.